BEYOND POLUS WHITENING ACCELERATOR
• Halogen-powered teeth whitening accelerator, LED curing light, and Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) option
• Powerful halogen light output, clinically proven to provide superior results to LED and plasma arc systems
• Unique LightBridge light technology
• Dual-arch whitening features gentle, normal, and intense light-output settings for the perfect treatment setting with each individual patient
• Single-tooth whitening option included for precision, tailored treatment results
• Advanced filtration removes all harmful heat and ultraviolet output, ensuring patient safety and comfort
• Built-in powerful LED curing light with dual-wavelength output cures any dental composite on the market
The Future of Teeth Whitening Has Arrived.
Containing LightBridge technology, the Polus® system produces zero UV light, allows the treating dentist to adjust the light intensity according to the tooth condition of the patient, includes the dual-wavelength curing light capable of curing any dental composite on the market today, adds 360 range of motion for perfect positioning within any treatment room, touch-user interface (TUI), remote control, motorized height adjustment, and optional low-level laser therapy device for the ultimate whitening system for any practice. The BEYOND® Polus® thirty-minute chair-side treatment combines the Polus® Accelerator with our unique H2O2 gel for predictable, long-lasting results in a single treatment for as little as $20 per patient.
Advanced Design and Technology
• Touch User Interface (TUI) control panel for intuitive programming and treatment tailoring
• Motorized height adjustment can be controlled from the TUI panel or convenient buttons on the lamp head, radial arm boasts 360° range of motion, and multidirectional lamp head allows for perfect positioning with every patient
• Wireless remote control features patient call button and emergency pause and resume buttons
• Advanced temperature monitor and cooling system prevent system from overheating
• Includes complete marketing package, as well as BEYOND™’s 30-day money back guarantee and three year manufacturer’s warranty against factory defect.
Instructions for Use
Dual-Arch (Power) Whitening Treatment
1. Ask the patient to take a seat in the treatment chair and recline the seat back to a 40 angle.
2. Place the protective eye goggles on the patient.
3. Use the polishing sand to polish and clean the teeth before the treatment. Add water as necessary.
4. Ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth.
5. Apply lip protection cream and insert the BEYOND® FlexiBlue® Cheek Retractor with the tongue guard pointing down.
6. Stretch the face protection cloth around the outer rims of the cheek retractor and fold the top down under the arms of the cheek retractor.
7. Insert cotton rolls on either side of the buccal frenum.
8. Use compressed air to dry the surface of the teeth and gingiva. Holding the syringe at a 45 angle to the tooth surface along the gingival margin, apply a 2-3 mm layer of BEYOND® BlueSeal® Gingival Protection along the gingival margin.
9. Apply extra lip protection along the inside of the upper and lower lips.
10. Remove the LED Curing Light from the back of the machine and hold the LED Curing Light 0.5-1 cm away from the gingiva. Press the button on the LED Curing Light to begin curing. Move the device in a circular motion over the gingival area and light cure the gingival protection for twenty to thirty seconds (about two to three seconds per tooth). Use a dental probe tool to check that the gingival protection is fully cured. DO NOT over-cure the gingival protection.
11. Remove the whitening gel syringe and tip from the vacuum-sealed foil wrapper. Attach the mixing tip to the dual-barrel syringe of whitening gel.
12. Apply a 2-3 mm layer of BEYOND® II Advanced Formula Whitening Gel to the dry surface of the teeth.
13. Raise the lamp arm and position the lamp head as close as possible to the surface of the teeth, with the lamp head at a 90 angle to the teeth.
14. Once the lamp head is positioned, press the START button to begin the first cycle.
15. Remind the patient that it is safe to swallow his or her saliva during the treatment.
16. Give the patient the remote control. Instruct the patient that the remote control has PAUSE and RESUME buttons to control the light if he or she needs to stop the treatment any time. A CALL button is also included in case the dentist needs to leave the room during the treatment.
17. Provide the patient with music or entertainment during the treatment.
18. At the end of the first cycle, the light will turn off automatically. Use suction to remove the whitening gel. DO NOT rinse with water. Repeat the gel and light application steps two more times for a total of three treatment cycles.
19. After the final cycle, suction off the whitening gel, remove the gingival protection, cotton rolls, face protection cloth, cheek retractor, and protective eye goggles and ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth with water.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Pregnant women or persons under the age of sixteen are not recommended to undergo the procedure. Terminate the whitening procedure if any patient reports severe tooth sensitivity and remove all whitening gel before treating with fluoride.
Within the twenty-four hours after the procedure, patients should avoid colored food and drinks. Use of tobacco products should be limited.
Teeth Whitening Using the Whitening Strips Method vs. Using the "BEYOND® Whitening" Accelerator-Comparative Research
Thermal Properties of the Beyond CL 628 (BEYOND® Dental & Health) Cordless LED Curing Light
Reality Esthetics 4-STAR/3.8 BEYOND® Power Whitening System
An In Vitro Comparison of Tooth Whitening Techniques on Natural Tooth Color
Light Augments Tooth Whitening with Peroxide
The Art and Science of Tooth Whitening
Are Snow-White Teeth Really so Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
CDA Position on Tooth Bleaching and Whitening
Clinical Evaluation of a Combined In-Office and Take-Home Bleaching System
Effect of Light Energy on Peroxide Tooth Bleaching
Nonrestorative Treatment of Discolored Teeth: Reports From an International Symplsium
Tooth Whitening: A Cosmetic Dentistry Bonanza, Part I
The Tooth-Whitening Revolution
Tooth Whitening Today