BEYOND COMMAND WHITENING ACCELERATOR
• Stronger light output than original whitening accelerator: Powerful halogen light for superior whitening results
• Harmful ultraviolet light and heat are filtered out through a coated optical lens and over 13,500 optical fibers
• Powerful 150 watt halogen bulb emits a high-intensity blue light (480-520 nanometers wavelength) for faster whitening results
• Operates at a lower temperature than similar products, increasing patient comfort levels and decreasing the risk of developing tooth sensitivity
• Tailored for use with our most popular whitening kits: BEYOND Complete Single Patient Professional Whitening Kit for Tetracycline and Severe Stains, BEYOND Five Patient Economy Kit, and BEYOND Blast
Take control of your practice with BEYOND® COMMAND®
An updated version of our original BEYOND® Power Whitening Accelerator, BEYOND® COMMAND®features a stronger light output for even whiter results. The machine design has been tweaked, with new knobs for easier adjustment of the machine height and position. And an updated control panel includes a card activation sensor to ensure that you're using real BEYOND® whitening kits and products - providing patients with a safe, and enjoyable whitening experience.
Designed with safety in mind, the BEYOND® System employs a tailored 150-watt halogen bulb to deliver a powerful beam of light through over 13,500 optical fibers and filtering lens illuminating the teeth at a wavelength of 480 to 520 nanometers. Harmful ultraviolet (UV) and infrared light is completely removed leaving only intense, focused cold-light which penetrates deep into the teeth, activating the BEYOND® II Whitening Gel Formula.
BEYOND's proprietary Whitening Gel Formula contains 35% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and twenty nanometer silicon dioxide (SiO2) with other special ingredients to dramatically whiten deep inside the teeth and ensure a glossy-white finish. The comfortable, thirty-minute treatment leaves teeth 5 to 14 shades whiter, with average shade improvements greater than 8 shades. BEYOND® COMMAND® users can chose from our most popular whitening kits: BEYOND® Complete® Single Patient Professional Whitening Kit for Tetracycline and Severe Stains, BEYOND® Five Patient Economy Kit, and BEYOND®Blast®Pre-Treatment, Extra-Strength Whitening Paste.
BEYOND is proud to have more than 20,000 systems in operation in more than ninety countries worldwide. BEYOND® Whitening System owners receive a comprehensive three-year warranty and complimentary product training and support.
Instructions for Use
System Control Panel
[ A ] Activation Sensor Area: Hold System Activation Card over the sensor area to turn on the accelerator. The white light in the upper, left-hand corner of the sensor will turn on for two seconds and two beeps will sound when card has been read. Treatment minutes will be loaded onto the screen and the default timer cycle will appear ready to count down.
[ B ] SET TIME +/-: Press to adjust the treatment cycle time. Factory default is set at ten minutes. The system will default to the last time selected. To restore factory settings, simply adjust the time back to ten minutes and press START. The next treatment cycle will default to ten minutes.
[ C ] START/PAUSE: Press to turn on accelerator light and begin countdown of treatment cycle. Press again to pause the treatment. If paused, the timer will not be reset and time will not be lost. Press again to resume treatment.
[ D ] CANCEL: Press to stop the current treatment cycle and reset the timer to the default treatment cycle. Total remaining time will not be lost.
[ E ] Remaining treatment time: Shows remaining minutes available from the System Activation Card
[ F ] Treatment cycle timer: Shows the minutes remaining in a treatment cycle. Factory default is ten minutes although this can be reset using the SET TIME +/- function.
Power Whitening Treatment
1. Ask the patient to take a seat in the treatment chair and recline the seat back to a 40 angle.
2. Place the protective eye goggles on the patient.
3. Use polishing sand to polish and clean the teeth before the treatment. Add water as necessary.
4. Ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth.
5. Apply lip protection cream and insert the BEYOND® FlexiBlue® Cheek Retractor with the tongue guard pointing down.
6. Stretch the face protection cloth around the outer rims of the cheek retractor and fold the top down under the arms of the cheek retractor.
7. Insert cotton rolls on either side of the buccal frenum.
8. Use compressed air to dry the surface of the teeth and gingiva. Holding the syringe at a 45 angle to the tooth surface along the gingival margin, apply a 2-3 mm layer of BEYOND® BlueSeal® Gingival Protection along the gingival margin.
9. Apply extra lip protection along the inside of the upper and lower lips.
10. Light cure in a circular motion over the gingival area and light cure the gingival protection for twenty-thirty seconds (about two-three seconds per tooth). Use a dental probe tool to check that the gingival protection is fully cured. DO NOT over-cure the gingival protection.
11. Remove the whitening gel syringe and tip from the vacuum-sealed foil wrapper. Attach the mixing tip to the dual-barrel syringe of whitening gel.
12. Apply a 2-3 mm layer of BEYOND® II Advanced Formula Whitening Gel to the dry surface of the teeth.
13. Raise the lamp arm and position the lamp head as close as possible to the surface of the teeth, with the lamp head at a 90 angle to the teeth.
14. Once the lamp head is positioned, press the START button to begin the first cycle.
15. Remind the patient that it is safe to swallow his or her saliva during the treatment.
16. Provide the patient with music or entertainment during the treatment.
17. At the end of the first cycle, the light will turn off automatically. Use suction to remove the whitening gel. DO NOT rinse with water. Repeat the gel and light application steps two more times for a total of three treatment cycles.
18. After the final cycle, suction off the whitening gel, remove the gingival protection, cotton rolls, face protection cloth, cheek retractor, and protective eye goggles and ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth with water.
Important Points to Note
Pregnant women or persons under the age of sixteen are not recommended to undergo the procedure. Terminate the whitening procedure if any patient reports severe tooth sensitivity and remove all whitening gel before treating with fluoride.
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND StayWhite Take-Home Tray Whitening Kit Recommanded
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator with Treatment Kits (2011PPL) Editors Choice Award
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator +++++ - Editors Choice Award (98%)
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Max5® Treatment Kit - ++++ -
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND Max5®/Max10® Treatment Kit Recommend
Clinical Efficacy of the e-Bright® Tooth Whitening Accelerator Home Edition: A Randomized Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial
Teeth Whitening Using the Whitening Strips Method Vs. Using the "BEYOND Whitening" Accelerator-Comparative Research
Thermal Properties of the Beyond CL 628 (BEYOND Dental & Health) Cordless LED Curing Light
Reality Esthetics 4-STAR/3.8 BEYOND Power Whitening System
An In Vitro Comparison of Tooth Whitening Techniques on Natural Tooth Color
Light Augments Tooth Whitening with Peroxide
The Art and Science of Tooth Whitening
Are Snow-White Teeth Really so Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
Comparative Clinical Study of Two Tooth Bleaching Protocols with 6% Hydrogen Peroxide
CDA Position on Tooth Bleaching and Whitening
Clinical Evaluation of a Combined In-Office and Take-Home Bleaching System
Comparison of At-Home and In-Office Tooth Whitening Using a Novel Shade Guide
Effect of Light Energy on Peroxide Tooth Bleaching
Are Snow-White Teeth Really So Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
Evaluation of a Combined Thiourea and Hydrogen Peroxide Regimen to Bleach Bloodstained Teeth
Nonrestorative Treatment of Discolored Teeth: Reports From an International Symplsium
Tooth Whitening: A Cosmetic Dentistry Bonanza, Part I
The Tooth-Whitening Revolution
Scanning Electron Microscopy Study of Dental Enamel Surface Exposed to 35% Hydrogen Peroxide: Alone, with Saliva, and with 10% Carbamide Peroxide
Tooth Whitening Today