BEYOND BLAST PRE-TREATMENT EXTRA-STRENGTH WHITENING PASTE
• Manual-mix whitening paste
• Formulated to reduce the appearance of difficult and severe stains
• Effective pre-treatment whitening boost for tetracycline and fluoride stains
• For use with any BEYOND Whitening Kit
Effectively jump-starts the power-whitening process. Blasts 35% H2O2 extra-strength whitening paste formula is simple: after patient preparation as detailed in the instruction manual, mix and apply paste, and introduce light acceleration source. Typical pre-treatment is one cycle of six to eight minutes. Follow with BEYOND® II 35% H2O2 dual-barrel syringe whitening gel treatment. BEYOND® Blast is especially effective as a pre-treatment for tetracycline and age-related stains.
Each BEYOND® Blast Kit includes:
1 Bottle of whitening liquid (2mL)
1 Jar of catalyst powder (0.7g)
1 Application brush
1 Plastic spatula for mixing
1 Multilingual Instruction Manual
Instructions for Use
Perform a pre-treatment oral exam and consult with the patient on his or her desired whitening results to determine the best treatment plan for his or her individual situation.
1. Apply lip protection cream and insert the BEYOND FlexiBlue® Cheek Retractor with the tongue guard pointing down. Stretch the face protection cloth around the outside of the cheek retractor and fold down the top. Determine the existing tooth shade.
2. Place the protective eye goggles on the patient.
3. Insert cotton rolls on either side of the buccal frenum. Apply extra lip protection along the insides of the superior and inferior lip.
4. Dry the teeth and gums. Apply BEYOND® BlueSeal® Gingival Protection. Light cure in a circular motion.
5. Cut open the 35% H2O2 liquid container carefully. Protective gloves and eyewear should be worn in case of spill or leakage. Mix the catalyst powder and liquid H2O2 together using the included spatula into a wet paste. (Paste consistency should be such that it does not drip off of the application brush.) Apply a 2-3 mm layer to the teeth using the included brush. Set the BEYOND®Whitening Accelerator for a six-minute cycle using the Set Time button on the control panel. Position the BEYOND® Whitening Accelerator lamp head at a 90 angle to the patients teeth and press the Start/Stop button to begin the six-minute cycle. Do not reseal paste container. Remaining paste cannot be reused and must be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.
6. At the end of the six-minute cycle, suction off the whitening paste.
7. If the patient requires additional whitening, proceed with the additional whitening treatment steps outlined in the instruction manuals included with all BEYOND® Whitening Kits. At the end of the treatment, remove the face protection cloth, cheek retractor, cotton rolls, and protective eye goggles and ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth with warm water. Show the patient his or her new white tooth shade.
Important Points to Note
Pregnant or lactating women or persons under the age of sixteen are not recommended to undergo the procedure.Terminate the whitening procedure if any patient reports severe tooth sensitivity and remove all whitening gel before treating with fluoride.
Within the twenty-four hours after the procedure, patients should avoid colored food and drinks. Use of tobacco products should be limited.
BEYOND® Blast® is contraindicated for patients with known allergy or chemical sensitivity to peroxides or glycols.
Do not use BEYOND® BlueSeal® Gingival Protection on patients with known sensitivity to resins. If dermatitis, rash, or any other allergic reaction develops, flush area with water and refer patient to a physician.
Advise the patient that it is safe to swallow their saliva during the treatment.
If the whitening paste comes into contact with the patients gums during the treatment, the pink tissue may turn white during the treatment. This will fade in a few hours following the treatment and is not cause for concern.
Depending on the patients diet, oral hygiene, and use of tobacco products, periodic touch-up treatments may be necessary to maintain his or her new, white smile.
Precautions and Warnings
The BEYOND® Blast Kit contains 35% hydrogen peroxide. Keep out of reach of children. If accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. If this product comes into contact with skin or eyes, rinse immediately with water and seek medical attention.
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND StayWhite Take-Home Tray Whitening Kit Recommanded
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator with Treatment Kits (2011PPL) Editors Choice Award
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator +++++ - Editors Choice Award (98%)
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Max5® Treatment Kit - ++++ -
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND Max5®/Max10® Treatment Kit Recommend
Clinical Efficacy of the e-Bright® Tooth Whitening Accelerator Home Edition: A Randomized Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial
Teeth Whitening Using the Whitening Strips Method Vs. Using the "BEYOND Whitening" Accelerator-Comparative Research
Thermal Properties of the Beyond CL 628 (BEYOND Dental & Health) Cordless LED Curing Light
Reality Esthetics 4-STAR/3.8 BEYOND Power Whitening System
An In Vitro Comparison of Tooth Whitening Techniques on Natural Tooth Color
Light Augments Tooth Whitening with Peroxide
The Art and Science of Tooth Whitening
Are Snow-White Teeth Really so Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
Comparative Clinical Study of Two Tooth Bleaching Protocols with 6% Hydrogen Peroxide
CDA Position on Tooth Bleaching and Whitening
Clinical Evaluation of a Combined In-Office and Take-Home Bleaching System
Comparison of At-Home and In-Office Tooth Whitening Using a Novel Shade Guide
Effect of Light Energy on Peroxide Tooth Bleaching
Are Snow-White Teeth Really So Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
Evaluation of a Combined Thiourea and Hydrogen Peroxide Regimen to Bleach Bloodstained Teeth
Nonrestorative Treatment of Discolored Teeth: Reports From an International Symplsium
Tooth Whitening: A Cosmetic Dentistry Bonanza, Part I
The Tooth-Whitening Revolution
Scanning Electron Microscopy Study of Dental Enamel Surface Exposed to 35% Hydrogen Peroxide: Alone, with Saliva, and with 10% Carbamide Peroxide
Tooth Whitening Today