BEYOND POWER WHITENING ACCELERATOR
• Most advanced light filtration system of any power whitening system ensures patient safety and comfort
• Harmful ultraviolet light and heat are filtered out through a coated optical lens and over 12,000 optical fibers
• Powerful 150 watt halogen bulb emits a high-intensity blue light (480-520 nanometers wavelength) for faster whitening results
• Operates at a lower temperature than similar products, increasing patient comfort levels and decreasing the risk of developing tooth sensitivity
Safe, Gentle, Professional Whitening Results in Thirty Minutes
Designed with safety in mind, the BEYOND® System employs a tailored 150-watt halogen bulb to deliver a powerful beam of light through over 12,000 optical fibers and filtering lens illuminating the teeth at a wavelength of 480 to 520 nanometers. Harmful ultraviolet (UV) and infrared light is completely removed leaving only intense, focused cold-light which penetrates deep into the teeth, activating the BEYOND® II Whitening Gel Formula.
The BEYOND® II Whitening Gel Formula contains 35% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and 20 nanometer silicon dioxide (SiO2) with other special ingredients to dramatically whiten deep inside the teeth and ensure a glossy-white finish. The comfortable, thirty-minute treatment leaves teeth 5 to 14 shades whiter, with average shade improvements greater than 8 shades.
BEYOND® is proud to have more than 20,000 systems in operation in more than ninety countries worldwide. BEYOND® Whitening System owners receive a comprehensive three-year warranty and complimentary product training and support.
Instructions for Use
Power Whitening Treatment
1. Ask the patient to take a seat in the treatment chair and recline the seat back to a 40 angle.
2. Place the protective eye goggles on the patient.
3. Use polishing sand to polish and clean the teeth before the treatment. Add water as necessary.
4. Ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth.
5. Apply lip protection cream and insert the BEYOND® FlexiBlue® Cheek Retractor with the tongue guard pointing down.
6. Stretch the face protection cloth around the outer rims of the cheek retractor and fold the top down under the arms of the cheek retractor.
7. Insert cotton rolls on either side of the buccal frenum.
8. Use compressed air to dry the surface of the teeth and gingiva. Holding the syringe at a 45 angle to the tooth surface along the gingival margin, apply a 2-3 mm layer of BEYOND® BlueSeal® Gingival Protection along the gingival margin.
9. Apply extra lip protection along the inside of the upper and lower lips.
10. Remove the LED Curing Light from the back of the machine and hold the LED Curing Light 0.5-1 cm away from the gingiva. Press the button on the LED Curing Light to begin curing. Move the device in a circular motion over the gingival area and light cure the gingival protection for twenty-thirty seconds (about two-three seconds per tooth). Use a dental probe tool to check that the gingival protection is fully cured. DO NOT over-cure the gingival protection.
11. Remove the whitening gel syringe and tip from the vacuum-sealed foil wrapper. Attach the mixing tip to the dual-barrel syringe of whitening gel.
12. Apply a 2-3 mm layer of BEYOND® II Advanced Formula Whitening Gel to the dry surface of the teeth.
13. Raise the lamp arm and position the lamp head as close as possible to the surface of the teeth, with the lamp head at a 90 angle to the teeth.
14. Once the lamp head is positioned, press the START button to begin the first cycle.
15. Remind the patient that it is safe to swallow his or her saliva during the treatment.
16. Give the patient the remote control. Instruct the patient that the remote control has PAUSE and RESUME buttons to control the light if he or she needs to stop the treatment any time. A CALL button is also included in case the dentist needs to leave the room during the treatment.
17. Provide the patient with music or entertainment during the treatment.
18. At the end of the first cycle, the light will turn off automatically. Use suction to remove the whitening gel. DO NOT rinse with water. Repeat the gel and light application steps two more times for a total of three treatment cycles.
19. After the final cycle, suction off the whitening gel, remove the gingival protection, cotton rolls, face protection cloth, cheek retractor, and protective eye goggles and ask the patient to rinse his or her mouth with water.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Pregnant women or persons under the age of sixteen are not recommended to undergo the procedure.Terminate the whitening procedure if any patient reports severe tooth sensitivity and remove all whitening gel before treating with fluoride.
Within the twenty-four hours after the procedure, patients should avoid colored food and drinks. Use of tobacco products should be limited.
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator with Treatment Kits (2011PPL) Editors Choice Award
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator +++++ - Editors Choice Award (98%)
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND Polus® Whitening Accelerator
The Dental Advisor - BEYOND Max5® Treatment Kit - ++++ -
The Dental Product Shopper - BEYOND Max5®/Max10® Treatment Kit Recommend
Clinical Efficacy of the e-Bright® Tooth Whitening Accelerator Home Edition: A Randomized Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial
Teeth Whitening Using the Whitening Strips Method Vs. Using the "BEYOND Whitening" Accelerator-Comparative Research
Thermal Properties of the Beyond CL 628 (BEYOND Dental & Health) Cordless LED Curing Light
Reality Esthetics 4-STAR/3.8 BEYOND Power Whitening System
An In Vitro Comparison of Tooth Whitening Techniques on Natural Tooth Color
Light Augments Tooth Whitening with Peroxide
The Art and Science of Tooth Whitening
Are Snow-White Teeth Really so Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
Comparative Clinical Study of Two Tooth Bleaching Protocols with 6% Hydrogen Peroxide
CDA Position on Tooth Bleaching and Whitening
Clinical Evaluation of a Combined In-Office and Take-Home Bleaching System
Comparison of At-Home and In-Office Tooth Whitening Using a Novel Shade Guide
Effect of Light Energy on Peroxide Tooth Bleaching
Are Snow-White Teeth Really So Desirable? (JADA, Vol. 136)
Evaluation of a Combined Thiourea and Hydrogen Peroxide Regimen to Bleach Bloodstained Teeth
Nonrestorative Treatment of Discolored Teeth: Reports From an International Symplsium
Tooth Whitening: A Cosmetic Dentistry Bonanza, Part I
The Tooth-Whitening Revolution
Scanning Electron Microscopy Study of Dental Enamel Surface Exposed to 35% Hydrogen Peroxide: Alone, with Saliva, and with 10% Carbamide Peroxide
Tooth Whitening Today